Director for Youth Ministry
Submit a Candidate -
Concordia is discerning who our next youth minister will be. We are asking the Concordia community to submit names for those who could serve in this position. Please read the job description and prayerfully consider potential candidates you may know. You will be able to submit names until February 28.
Job Description -
To serve the church by coordinating and administering a comprehensive ministry to the approximately 170 senior-high youth of Concordia and to assist with junior high youth. This full-time staff member serves as a spiritual leader and role model while also empowering, training and equipping lay leaders to propel our youth toward faith development and service to others in the name of Jesus Christ.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities -
- Collaborate, develop, and execute a plan to reach out and connect with all 170 senior youth within Concordia. Be able to give an account of all families and their connectedness to faith development communities.
- Collaborate and create weekly opportunities for Senior Youth to come together for devotion, Bible Study and community building through small groups with lay leadership.
- Collaborate and create periodic catalytic/all-ministry activities throughout the year for the purpose of Christian relationship building and service.
- Collaborate and help lead junior high youth monthly events.
- Provide ministry support and/or leadership to the large-scale children and youth events throughout the year. (e.g., VBS, All Youth Retreat, Concordia Kids Camp, Confirmation, LCMS Youth Gathering, etc.)
- Oversee, in conjunction with the Communications Director, the efficient and effective communication of Youth ministry through social media, email, text message, etc.
- Ensure the pastoral care of high school youth through hospital visitation, grief support and other aspects of pastoral care in consultation with the Pastoral Care Team.
- Lead Children’s messages in worship at least once per month.
- Report quarterly participation levels, lay involvement, budget and other measurement standards for ministry to the Sr. Pastor.
Required Knowledge, Skill & Abilities -
- A believer in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior who comfortably relates his or her personal spiritual habits which express that faith. This person must embrace Christian discipline and the LCMS doctrine and theology.
- An individual who capably and warmly engages conversation with both youth and adults.
- An individual who understands they cannot be a personal mentor to everyone, and therefore is gifted at encouraging and equipping other Christian mentors/lay leaders to mentor youth.
- An individual who works well in a team environment and can function well as a team leader or as a team member, depending on the event or circumstance.
- Must have vision to develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry within the parameters of a large congregation.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, computer, and social media skills.