Our Next Step
Over the last couple of weeks we held several Information Sessions to bring you up to speed on the Our Next Step capital campaign project.
New Innovative Design
After visiting two schools in Springfield, MO, we discovered a design that completely reframes the vision for multifunctional use of the Center for Christian Education, Concordia’s proposed new building. This design accommodates BOTH the ministry and educational objectives of Concordia and Christ Community Lutheran School (CCLS) in a dynamic and innovative way! Based on the premise that a hallway in the center of a building represents wasted space, the new design expands the hallway in such a way that it can also become a large group educational or ministry space (see below).
The above multifunctional features will afford multiple positive applications:
- The open space becomes our Youth Room, with small group breakout pods
- KidsNight/Sunday School large group meeting spaces, with breakout capacity
- Large gross motor space for toddlers in early childhood areas
- Receptive to adult learner small-to-large group settings
- Encourages small group collaboration/team sharing
- New nursery age-appropriate rooms
- Multiple learning-style environment
- Simple design and uncluttered quality
- Spacious and efficient
- Secure space
Proposed Project Timeline
The Next Step in OUR NEXT STEP…
The weekend of June 17/18, and at the Congregational Voters’ Assembly Meeting on Monday, June 19, Concordia voted YES to move forward. Specifically, we approved the next step of Project Design, which begins in July and ends in October. It is the next “checkpoint” in our process.
If you have questions about Our Next Step, please contact Kristin Anderson.